Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our New Home!


In November Chris and I decided that we should start looking into seeing if we could qualify for a new home, being that we already own one in California we just didn't know if it would be possible without selling the other home. We do not want to sell our home in California if at all possible and especially in this market. So we set out to contact a mortgage broker and see what our options were.
A guy I work with just got finished buying a home so I asked him for a referral. Monty was our guy and I got his phone number.
It was Friday night and I was on my way to babysit for a friend and on a whim called Monty to set up an appointment for Monday. Lets just say Monty was a go getter.... 15 minutes later we were 100% approved to buy a home. Wow was that fast!
So I called Chris and he started right on on the Internet to find us a home. By Saturday we had found our home, crazy your thinking, well that seems to be our life as of late.
We made an appointment with our new realtor Amanda (Monty's wife) to go see the home on Monday night. This house was perfect and knowing that 3 other offers where already on the table we offered full price. Our offer was accepted but that was no were near the end. This house was a short sale.
A short sale I am learning means that the owners of the house are basically upside down and cant make the payments anymore, so they cant sell it for what they owe the bank. Instead of going into foreclosure they do a short sale to salvage their credit as much a possible.
Anyways this makes for a long process because it means we are dealing with a bank instead of the owners of the home. So for 3 months we have been patiently waiting for a response.

Finally we know the home is ours and we started escrow........
In 30 days we will be the proud owner of two homes, we are very proud of ourselves for being able to save the money to buy another home at such a young age and can't wait to get those keys and start moving. Well Chris can start moving ( being that I am 4 months pregnant I wont be doing a lot of actual moving... convenient Yes!!!!) I will however be doing a lot of cleaning, packing and unpacking.

With our first child on the way and our second home in process, I just want to know am I grown up yet?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yes, Marcie you are grown up now. It is official!!!! Someday I'll get there too. haha.

I am so excited for you, but you left out the best part. You put in the offer BEFORE you knew you had a little one on the way. How exciting.

Sorry I can't be there to help with the cleaning this time. I guess you'll have to find someone else :)

Cheryl said...

I think an updated blog is in order. How the girls feel about having to share their space with boys??!!