Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bacon Sundays & Date Night

When you grow up and get married, you start doing things that become habit and over time they eventually become "traditions" in your family. I thought I would share a couple of our favorites with you.

Bacon Sundays as Chris calls them started out me making a big Sunday breakfast for my husband. We seem to always have bacon, if for some reason I don't have bacon in the house Chris is always more than eager to go to the store and get up some to complete our big Sunday meal. Over time Chris started calling them Bacon Sundays and getting excited for this meal few days before Sunday. Chris favorite breakfast is scrambles eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast. Since I don't really care for eggs if I fix this particular meal for Chris I fix my favorite BLT's and lately being pregnant I am craving my BLT's every Sunday. They are much better in the summer when I can use a fresh grown tomato.... Oh yum I cant wait my mouth is watering already.












Sundays are special to us it is the one day that we get to be together the whole day and just relax and do whatever we would like. Often that consists of Chris watching football and me sitting next to him reading a good book.








Date Night's started with Chris and I going out to dinner on paydays which was every other Friday night. He once again nicknamed this our Date Night, and as life went along it seemed after working all week I was not much in the mood to cook on the opposite Friday, so Friday nights became Date Nights. We try new places but it seems that we always end up at our favorites which consist of Steelhead Brewery, Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin, Round Table and if we are feeling cheap that week we hit up Costco. Chris's favorite restaurant is just breaking ground here in Eugene Red Lobster. Oh man is he excited. We are cherishing this tradition for now as we know that in 6 months our lives will be changing, but for now we are enjoying ourselves and each other and our wonderful marriage.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Don't you just love your own family Traditions. Chris and I also have Friday night Date Night (it used to be Thursdays) and I agree it's nice to not have to cook. My other favorite is my Saturday morning Massage! I'm not sure how this one got started, but as long as he'll go along with it, I'm more than happy!!!