Sunday, March 14, 2010

MY BOYS!!!!!!

As most of you may know by now I am pregnant and that we have recently discovered that there are two babies TWINS.... Talk about the shock of your lifetime. For 20 weeks we thought we were having one child and now there are two.

Chris and I went in for my second ultrasound. My first ultrasound at 8 weeks (to confirm that I was indeed pregnant) was a quick one. A little too quick apparently.
I have a picture with only one baby.
So there we are getting ready to find out the sex of our first child and almost immediately the tech says oh look a boy....... The tech stops (she apparently know we think there is only one baby) and says,

TECH: "Have you had an ultrasound yet this pregnancy".
ME: "Yes at week 8".
TECH "How many babies did they tell you there were".
ME: "ONE".
TECH "Oh apparently one was hiding there are two".
ME: " Well you had better tell me the next ones a girl"!
TECH: "Well lets check it out..... No sorry honey its another Boy".

I don't think that I will ever forget that moment in time. I am glad that I was already laying down I truly think I would have passed out. Chris and I spent the next hour in hysterics laughing, not knowing what to think, do or say all we could do was laugh. Better that crying I guess. The next hour was a lot of silence. The tech asked me if I went numb. Yup I think I did.
At this point all I want to do is jump off the table and go call my Mom. I NEED MY MOM!!!!

What just happened, this is not right there are no twins in my family. I didn't use fertility drugs. So how did this happen.
Well let me tell you a little something called GOD!!! I have always believed that God is in control and knows what he is doing. We don't always agree with him, but he is ultimately in control.
It has been a week let me tell you, from literally NO one believing me to finally being OK with what is about to happen, to accepting the fact there will be no daughters for me in my future :(
Life is as it is meant to be and my life is with my two little boys!

When I started this blog we named it Growing Swains because our family was about to start growing and boy did it ever. So I will do my best to put up as many pictures and stories about my boys that I can. But bear with me I am in for a crazy ride.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Marcie I love you so much. This is going to be a crazy ride but don't worry I am here for you! I seem to be over my shock but It seems to just be starting for Chris. At the store today he kept saying "two....there's going to be two!" haha it is a good thing it is you and not me.

Chris and Marcie Swain said...

OH but I remember that you wanted Twins....LOL
Im starting to get a little excited, especailly now that I can go shop :) I love you too