Saturday, July 31, 2010

On our own!

I am a very lucky girl to have the parents that I do. The night I had the twins, Chris called and told them that I was going to have the babies in about an hour, they paid their bill and left the restaurant to go home and pack. They hopped in the car and headed to Oregon. They got into town at 2:00am. They did so much for me that week. I obviously was not ready for the kids to be coming at week 31.
My Mom then stayed the rest of the summer, with one short break to go home and tie up loose ends at home and go to my nephews 4th birthday party.
This summer was so memorable, spending 5 weeks at the hospital would have been a lot rougher had my mom not been there by my side. Then coming home to a clean house and and dinner ready made this trying time in my life go by a lot easier.
Bringing the boys home was the best day ever! Once again made even more special by having my mom there by my side. While I took care the boys my mom took care of me. ( Chris didn't take much time off as we needed the income and overtime pay of summer pest control to supplement my income for the summer.)
Well she left last Wedensday to get ready to go back to work. So the boys and I are on our own during the days at least. I am not going to lie, I realize that I was spoiled rotten to have her all to myself and I cherished every moment of it.
Mom you are my best friend and I am going through withdraws without you. I can't believe how lonely it has been with you gone. I look forward to seeing you again soon. I love you so much and miss you more than words can say. And a huge THANK YOU will never be enough.




As of July 30th Reed weighs 6 lbs 8 oz and Davis weighs 7 lbs 15 oz
They are getting so big, I can't believe how fast the summer is going. I know that life is not going to slow down. So we are enjoying every moment we can. (A little hint while in the NICU the boys were always placed in the same positions so the nurses didn't get them confused Reed (Baby A) is on the left and Davis (Baby B) is always in the right. We have continued this as much as we can from the crib to the car, we try to place Reed on the left and Davis on the right. That might help when looking at picture of the boys is you can't tell who is who.)

Reed


Reed


Davis


Davis






2 comments:

Cheryl said...

We do have the best parents. What a blessing it was for both you and Mom this summer. I know she loved every minute there with you and I am sure she misses you guys as much as you miss her. I'll be there in 4 short days!! I can't wait. You might want to warn the boys Auntie Cheryl is coming with lots of hugs and kisses!

Dreamer said...

They are so cute!!!