After 35 days in the NICU, my boys are officially home.
For the first time since they were born, I finally feel like they are mine.
It was an odd feeling over the past month to know that I have two children and to not be able to have them with me. I felt this emptiness when they were not here, but no longer. After having them home for less than a week I feel like a real mom, sleep deprived and all.
For the first time since they were born, I finally feel like they are mine.
It was an odd feeling over the past month to know that I have two children and to not be able to have them with me. I felt this emptiness when they were not here, but no longer. After having them home for less than a week I feel like a real mom, sleep deprived and all.
The car seat test
One of the requirements for being released was the car seat test.
The boys had to sit in their car seats for one hour with all the monitors on and make sure that none of them were set off. They passed with flying colors.
One of the requirements for being released was the car seat test.
The boys had to sit in their car seats for one hour with all the monitors on and make sure that none of them were set off. They passed with flying colors.
Our favorite nurse Snow
I am sure that many people are wondering what it was like to have my children in the hospital for over a month. It was not as bad as some might have anticipated, and the days went by pretty quickly for the most part. My Mom and I would go and sit and just hold and feed them. Most days I spent between 4 to 6 hours and there were a couple of 8 to 10 hours days too.
The staff there was very friendly and supportive.
My boys were very healthy, so that made for an easy trek. Watching the parents of the other children made me feel blessed to be in my situation. It could have been a lot worse.
None the less, coming home with out them was always hard.
Getting to bring them home was the best day. Just think, they still should be inside me. Chris and I are so excited to have our children home. We could not be happier.
My blogs will be a little more sparse and spread out. As most of you can try to imagine my life is a little hectic as of late, but I will do my best. We would like to thank everyone for all their prayers and support.
2 comments:
Enjoy every minute! (But know it's okay to be overwhelmed & need a break!!)
Man, I wish I could see them in person...
I love to see them sleeping in their own crib. I'm so glad that Mom is able to be there to help you get situated with the little guys. Before you know it you'll be a pro and taking care of two!
Post a Comment