I am sure most of you have been wondering what has it been like to have the boys home? Well let me tell you, crazy good! The boys are so precious and fun. We are enjoying them immensely.
However they are a lot of work. Being newborns they eat every 2 hours and once in a great while they will go 3 hours. They are completely on breast milk, but I can't feed them at the same time so I pump milk and give one baby the bottle while I nurse the other one, and then switch them the next feeding. So between feeding them both and pumping. I am left with less than an hour before we do it all over again. Try doing this at night. Not easy!
Most our days are filled with doctors appointments. The boys had their first trip to Red Robin and they slept right through it. They have also made a trip to the salon to meet the girls and went our Fourth of July block party. They were the stars of the party.
All in all the boys are amazing and wonderful. I am so blessed to have them and I only hope I can be half the mother to them that my mother was to me.
I am extremely blessed to have the best mom anyone could have. She is here helping me for the summer. It is a lot of work raising twins so having my Mom here to help out has been amazing, she has kept me sane and feed. I will miss her more than words can express when she leaves at the end of July. Spending the entire summer with my Mom and my boys while not working is a summer to remember, the best summer of my life!
Here are some pictures of the boys. They bring us so much joy, while watching the funny faces they make and things they do. I am trying to capture it on film to share with you, here are a few.
However they are a lot of work. Being newborns they eat every 2 hours and once in a great while they will go 3 hours. They are completely on breast milk, but I can't feed them at the same time so I pump milk and give one baby the bottle while I nurse the other one, and then switch them the next feeding. So between feeding them both and pumping. I am left with less than an hour before we do it all over again. Try doing this at night. Not easy!
Most our days are filled with doctors appointments. The boys had their first trip to Red Robin and they slept right through it. They have also made a trip to the salon to meet the girls and went our Fourth of July block party. They were the stars of the party.
All in all the boys are amazing and wonderful. I am so blessed to have them and I only hope I can be half the mother to them that my mother was to me.
I am extremely blessed to have the best mom anyone could have. She is here helping me for the summer. It is a lot of work raising twins so having my Mom here to help out has been amazing, she has kept me sane and feed. I will miss her more than words can express when she leaves at the end of July. Spending the entire summer with my Mom and my boys while not working is a summer to remember, the best summer of my life!
Here are some pictures of the boys. They bring us so much joy, while watching the funny faces they make and things they do. I am trying to capture it on film to share with you, here are a few.
5 comments:
We do have the best Mom ever!!! I'm happy for you (yet jealous too) that you get to spend all summer with Mom. I bet you'll both go through withdrawls when she leaves.
I love that Dad looks like he is about to fall asleep in the picture. He is just in heaven with both boys in his arms.
I love that Dad looks like he is about to fall asleep in the picture. He is just in heaven with both boys in his arms.
I'm so glad you have help! Motherhood seems to agree with you- even with a very challenging introduction to it! I love hearing about your journey, since it's so different from anything I have been through with my boys.
Being a Grammie of twin boys and some what of an expert, cough, cough, you all look like naturals! Can't wait till you come to CA so I can get a real good look at them. Luv ya, Beth
Post a Comment