Thursday, March 18, 2010

Beach Trip!!!!

The first week in March Chris and I decided to go over to Lincoln City for weekend, Chris had one final vacation day to use up before he lost it. So we thought let's have one last little getaway before crazy hits, with buying a home and two little ones on the way we knew our weekend getaways were going to end for quite a while. So we jumped at the chance to relax at the beach for a couple days.
We wanted to be right on the water, so I searched Google until I found this cute little hotel called Beachfront Manor. I can't even tell you how happy we were when we got there and discovered that from the front door of our hotel room to the waves from the ocean was no more than 40 or 50 feet. Our room was super cozy with a fireplace, they had other rooms with hot tubs and jacuzzi suites but knowing that I would not be able to use them due to being pregnant we passed and settled for the fireplace.
Our weekend was perfect we drove over Saturday afternoon and got there just in time to hit Safeway for some breakfast foods and goodies. Then just settled in and started our relaxing. Sunday morning we woke up and had a lazy morning. My most favorite thing to do is get a big cup of coffee (decaf for now) and sit and watch the waves crash against the shore. I think I could have sat there the whole day, it is such a peace full thing to do just letting my mind relax and enjoying God's beauty. After I got in a good two cups of coffee and Chris ate almost his whole box of donuts we got ready and took a drive up to Tillamock for the day. Tillamock is a small town just north of Lincoln City very famous for their Cheese factory. We have been told by so many people go tour the factory.
We toured the factory and bought some great cheeses and ice cream. Then went for lunch, after lunch we went to the Air Museum right there in Tillamock. The Air Museum was an old building used to store blimps used in WW2. The building was massive it could hold any were from 8 to 10 blimps. They now use it as a museum to show off old airplanes. After looking at all the planes and taking enough picture for the battery on my camera to die we headed back to our hotel.
Naps we next on our agenda. Nothing better than a Sunday afternoon nap with the waves crashing in the background! The rest of Sunday we just hung out at the hotel and the went for pizza. Monday morning we had another lazy morning with lots of coffee and wave watching, then packed our bags and went shopping. Lincoln City has some great outlets and of I just had to go check out the baby clothes (even though we didn't know yet what we were having or apparently how many we were having). I bought some clothes I thought were gender neutral, looking back now they are all boy, oh well I guess that worked out. Bought some new shoes and then headed our way out of town. We stopped for lunch in Newport at one of our favorite brewery's and the came home.
Chris and I are very thankful for the time we have got to spend with each other over the last 6 1/2 years, very much appreciating weekends like this one. Knowing now that our lives are headed in a different direction this weekend was much appreciated and cherished.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I agree. I love the weekends when Chris and I get away from our crazy life and just enjoy being together. There's just something about that alone time, I'm sure it is even more precious in your situation.