Chewy Dark Chocolate Brownies
1 1/3 cup Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Chips ( 63% cacao )
5 TBSP Butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 TBSP Hershey Cocoa Powder Special Dark Chocolate ( 100% cacao )
1/3 flour
Directions:
1. In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and butter together. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until light yellow and in the ribbon stage (you know you’ve reached this when you can lift up your whisk and the egg mixture drip down in a steady ribbon rather than in gloopy clumps). Stir in salt and cocoa and mix well to combine.
3. Stir chocolate mixture into egg mixture and combine well. Sift over flour and fold in until just mixed. Do not over mix, or you will have tough, dry brownies.
4.Pour into a sprayed 8 x 8″ baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
**do not over bake and allow to cool completely before cutting*
3 comments:
Mmmmm I'll have to give these a try.
It's about time my little sister put up a food post - even if it isn't the one I'd expect if from! :]
Yay, I am so glad you tried brownies from scratch. I'm going to have to try this recipe now!
I''m to try this....yum!
Post a Comment