Wednesday, May 26, 2010

** REED THOMAS & DAVIS ALAN**

Reed Thomas Swain
2lbs 11 oz. 16"
May 25th 2010
8:08pm

Davis Alan Swain
3lbs. 9oz & 17 "
May 25th 2010
8:09pm




Chris and I are pleased to welcome our two sons into this world.
They were born at 31 weeks and 4 days, both boys are very strong
and doing amazing. Davis was on a ventilator for about 12 hours but
is doing great now. They are both breathing on their own now.
They are expected to be in the NICU until the first part of July.


I was hospitalized Thursday night due to pre-eclampsia.
Once hospitalized for the duration of my pregnancy they
found that I had HELLP syndrome a rare form of pre-eclampsia.
Which means that my liver enzymes were very high
and my blood platelets very dangerously low.
The only cure for me was to give birth to my children.
Other wise it could have been fatal on my life.
Thankfully I had some of the best doctors watching
out for me and monitoring me every 4 hours, to make
sure this didn't happen. Also I Thank the Lord that
my boys were nice and strong and ready for this world.


Thanks so much to everyone that had us in their prayers all
weekend. We appreciate all those prayers and the that are needed still.























4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I can't wait to meet the boys this weekend. Gods timing is perfect in every way!!

P.S. How was the milkshake last night??

Unknown said...

Marcie & Chris... the boys are gorgeous!! We are so happy for all 4 of you!! Take care and plesae knwo our thoughts are with yuo and your family right now!!!
Love, The Sanders

Unknown said...

I love seeing the pictures of the boys sleeping together! They are aamzing.... we can't wait to hug and kiss them!!! : ) Take care!

Chris and Marcie Swain said...

Thanks Nikki.... we are so excited to have them in our lives. They are so much fun to snuggle with!